Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pre-K Light House

I

Kai started pre-K this week!  How can that even be possible?  Technically, this was not a huge transition.  Kai's last day in the Starfish room was Thursday and his first day upstairs in the Light House was Tuesday.  But, some friends went on to new schools or to a different classroom (b/c UPK classes are by where you live) so it wasn't quite as seamless as when he moved from the Garden to Starfish with all of his friends. As it turns out, Kai loves change as much as his mommy, sorry buddy.  The picture above is actually the second day of school.  The first day of school pictures are below:
The one where he is smiling was a fleeting moment I happened to capture, don't' be fooled, it was drama. There were many tears and thrown things that morning. When Keith took him to school the next day, Kai advised him as follows: "Dad, you know how I cried and didn't want to go to school yesterday?  Well I love school now."  So glad.  Today was day three, and he is already making new friends.  We talked about how for some of the new kids in his class, this is their first time at school, he thinks thats crazy.

*In case you are wondering where the chalkboard/adorably printed sign saying "Pre-K" is... I tried, I really did, I even went to Target, it just didn't happen.  You win again Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment