Kai has shown exactly zero interest in scouting. So when the kids turning 8 were invited to participate in the pinewood derby I was ambivalent at best. Then, a well meaning scout leader kindly let me know that there were lots of dads in the ward who could help build Kai's car... Oh, it was on.
I actually made Kai do most of the work on this baby, and we would have spent more time if we didn't all have the plague for the last two weeks. But it turned out well, if not particularly fast. Kai actually was really proud of it and excited to race it. He even talked about it with some friends at school (Ethan n Alex) who are in the scout troop in town. River loved watching the cars race.
I wish I had taken s picture of the car lineup... Some of them were really impressive- these people are not messing around.
Ania went to a birthday party instead :). Happy birthday, William.
No comments:
Post a Comment